In Letters 46–50, Celie begins to see Albert more clearly—his flaws, his regrets, and the ways he changes when he is no longer in complete control of her. Their relationship slowly shifts from fear and dominance to honesty and distance. Write about a relationship in your life that changed over time as you grew older or more aware. What made the dynamic shift, and how did your understanding of that person evolve?

Prompt response: At some point, I had a friend back in middle school I used to think that he was a great friend, but now that I think about it he truly wasn't that great of a person. He used to be disruptive in class, never do work, and even be rude to other people around him, and I used to think that it was funny. Now that I am older, I realize that it was kind of foolish to hang around people like that.
Summary: Today, we read letters 51 through 60 in the book A Color Purple.
Reflection: Always hang out with those who respect you and those whom you respect. Those people will be the ones who will stick with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How have the holidays changed as you have grown older? Compare your experiences of the holidays during childhood with how you experience them now, focusing on shifts in perspective, responsibilities, or emotional meaning.

As the first semester comes to an end, take time to reflect on your learning and growth in this course. In a well-developed response, explain what you enjoyed most about the class, identify the project or assignment you found most engaging, and discuss which aspect of the course you connected with the most (such as poetry, fiction, writing, or discussion). Finally, reflect on one area where you feel you need additional support or improvement as we move into the spring semester.

Write about your most special holiday memory.